Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Hello, it's the looney bin!"

This has become my token response when the telephone rings in my classroom for the twentieth time. The front office ladies tend to enjoy my slight ability to have a sense of humor, and it gets kind of boring repeating, "Hello, Miss Holloman's class" over and over again. I have discovered that it is impossible to do this job without a sense of humor. Sometimes it is the only way to maintain some sort of sanity. Every day is COMPLETELY different, and just when you think you have seen it all, something new throws you for a loop. These, and many others, would be the reason that I have decided to begin this blog. For years I have been jotting down and saving the ridiculous, absurd, hilarious, nonsense, insane, and sometimes inappropriate comments that my students have made. I realized the other day while sharing a story with colleagues, that the "Adult World" that doesn't live in "Kidland" most of their lives, might actually enjoy some of the "fun" we deal with each day. I also find it quite amusing at the response of people who do not work with students on a regular basis when they hear some of my stories. So, without further ado, I give you my version of "Kids Say the Darndest Things." Stay tuned for the daily saga in the life of my classroom (without names of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment