Although I just began this blog, I do have some favorite quotes that I thought I would share. I am sure this list will continue, and if you have any others to share with me, please feel free to let me know and you can contribute to my list.
"Ms. Holloman, it's all fun and games until the flying monkeys get involved" (by the way, this was a very random quote stated in the middle of a lesson about nothing related to flying monkeys)
Me: "Class, when we are talking about expository and narrative text, what am I referring to?"
Student: "You know, the thing you get on your cell phone."
(This famous quote occurred during a discussion of a lab where the students measured the circumferences of their heads in an effort to notice trends in data. . . yes, this IS in the fourth grade curriculum)
Me: "Sheesh kid, I didn't know you had such a big head. It must be all of that amazing brain matter you have in there."
Student: "Nah Ms. Holloman, it's just open space for the monkeys to fly around"
Me: "What do I mean by singluar?"
Student: "That's a cell phone company."
Me: "After observing our dwarf frogs in their habitats, what items do you think they need to survive?
Student: "I think they need, alge.. . alge. . . algebra because they use it to eat and they can get it from the rocks"
Me: "If our reading and writing time is called Literacy Block, what word do you use to describe someone who can read and write?"
Student: "A literologist?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this. ^_^ I guess I'm a literologist, huh?
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! Keep them coming!!
ReplyDelete