Having been tracked out for a month, I haven't not had much material to work with in recent weeks. This week, however, my lovelies did not let me down. What follows are two accounts that occurred this week, and I promise that I have recounted these with one hundred percent accuracy. Enjoy!
"Mating Dragons"
With much excitement, two of my students informed me this week that their parents have offered to purchase them bearded dragons (aka big lizards) as a reward for excellent school performance. Following these announcements, one of my students proceeds to give me the following information during dismissal:
Student: "Miss Holloman, did you hear that "Sally" is getting a bearded dragon?!"
Me: "Yes, I did. That's very exciting."
Student: "I know, and I'm getting one too. She is getting a girl, and I am getting a boy. When we both have them, we are going to introduce them. "Sally" is going to hold onto hers, and I am going to hold onto mine. Then they will have babies, and I get to keep one! I'm so excited!"
Who knew things were that simple???
"PriceJuice"
The past two weeks we have been studying various forms of poetry. In light of Mother's Day approaching, I had the students working on poetry about their mothers. One of the formats I was using had a line that required to finish the following sentence: "Who loves. . . . " Using the wonderful pedagogy I have been taught, I gave the students examples, and the following discussion took place:
Me: "For example guys, if I was finishing this sentence about my Mom, I would say she loves reading, cooking, and her family. You can include any things you know your Mom loves. Maybe it is a favorite hobby, a person, a movie, etc.
Student: "Miss Holloman, how do you spell pride and pricejuice?"
Me: "Can you say that again please?"
Student: "You know, the book, pride and pricejuice, how do you spell it?"
Until next time. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am currently reading Pride and "PriceJuice". I can honestly say that each time I've picked it up since reading this post, I've had a smile on my face. :)
ReplyDelete